Report on 2022 General Assembly
The FIPPA AGM 2022 was held on Saturday 23rd July (venue: Tullamore Court Hotel, time 6.00 p.m.) in Tullamore. Ireland during Irish Open 2022.
Michael Murphy (Ireland) was elected the new President of FIPPA in suceesion to Victor Moscatel (Catalonia). The FIPPA Board, which was elected is: Vice Presidents: Patricio Rubel (Chile and Myles McMorrow (Ireland); Board Members: Jordi Torrent (Catalonia), Maurice Stuyvers (Netherlands) and Victor Rodriguez (Galicia)
Due to problems created by the Covid pandemic and the war in Europe, the 2022 FIPPA Assembly decided to postpone the World Cup of Pitch and Putt until November 2023.
In March 2023, the FECHIPP will present to the FIPPA Council all the logistical details and arrangements for the proposed hosting of the World Cup in Chile.
Other FIPPA Calendar decisions made were:
- Next World Strokeplay championship will be played in 2024.
- In 2025 European Teams Championship and European Ladies Teams Championship will be played, most likely in Ireland.
- 2025 will also see a European Strokeplay championship
Provisional WPPT dates for 2023 are:
- - April 27, 28 and 29 – WPPT CATALONIA option 1
- - May 12, 13 and 14 – WPPT CATALONIA option 2
- - July 21, 22 and 23 (No Irish Open will be played in 2023) – WPPT IRELAND
- - September 8, 9 and 10 – WPPT SLOVENIA OPEN
- - October 6, 7 and 8 – WPPT NETHERLANDS
- - November 3, 4 and 5 – WPPT FINAL
A number of international opens will also be played in 2023. Associations interested in holding an international open next year should apply to the Secretary General.
The total prize fund of a FIPPA International open may now include accumulated cash prizes of a maximum of €3,000.00. First prize of a maximum of €750.00 may be awarded
A new course has been built in Peru and FIPPA hopes to collaborate with them. Peru player will take part in FIPPA competitions with a view to applying for associate membership in due course.